, a global technology company specializing in IT consulting and product engineering, today announced that it was awarded the FKCCI CSR Awards 2018 by the Federation of Karnataka Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FKCCI). The award for CSR Excellence in the Basic Education category for KPIT’s contribution via the Chhote Scientists project was presented by Hon’ble Deputy Chief Minister of Karnataka, Mr. G. Parameshwara, at the FKCCI CSR Conference and Awards – 2018 held in Bengaluru.
FKCCI, a pivotal organization promoting and motivating industry and trade in Karnataka, bestows the CSR Awards every year to corporates and recognizes the best, innovative CSR projects. KPIT won the award for its significant contribution in providing hands-on science education to children through its Chhote Scientists program in 177 schools across Pune and Karnataka, which saw 15,000 children benefit from it. Chhote Scientists is a community and social initiative which aims at cultivating interest in science amongst children and encouraging them to solve real-world problems using practical applications and experiments.
Speaking about the win, Tushar Juvekar, Head – CSR at KPIT Technologies Ltd., said, “Chhote Scientists has been at the forefront of KPIT’s educational initiatives under the CSR umbrella, and we are extremely happy to be recognized for our work. We will continue to encourage students to think beyond textbooks, trigger their enthusiasm and innovative ability to create new technologies, products, and services, that will result in a new and better future for India.“
Launched in 2012, Chhote Scientists has benefited students in rural Pune and Bengaluru, and the neighboring towns such as Mysuru, Hubballi, Dharwad, Pimpri Chinchwad, Mulshi, Mawal, Roha, Osmanabad, and Dhule. Over 3000 employee volunteers from KPIT, and team members of KPIT’s NGO partner, Jnana Prabhodini, have contributed by imparting experiment-based classroom training sessions for children studying in 8th and 9th standards.
Over the years, the program has developed two paper-based volumes of its syllabus and launched a Chhote Scientists app on the Android platform to further its accessibility to all. KPIT also signed a two-year statement of intent (SOI) with NITI Aayog (National Institution for Transforming India) to support and mentor select Atal Tinkering Laboratories (ATL) for secondary level school children across the country. This extended Chhote Scientists into newer fronts to play the role of a foundation program at select ATL schools across Pune and few North-Eastern cities.
About KPIT Technologies Ltd.
KPIT (BSE:532400, NSE: KPIT) is a global technology company specializing in providing IT Consulting and Product Engineering solutions and services to Automotive, Manufacturing, Energy & Utilities and Life Sciences companies. Together with its customers and partners, it creates and delivers technologies to enable creating a cleaner, greener, and more intelligent world that is sustainable and efficient. For more information, visit
- Deepalaya School, Gusbethi Inaugurates Infrastructure Development Project for Extension of School Building - 16 July, 2018
- The Unchanged circle rates in Noida twin cities - 13 July, 2018
- India to gear up for Industrial Internet Of Things (IIoT) revolution - 11 July, 2018
- Gurugram & Delhi students secure 1st position in International Robotronics Competition - 28 June, 2018
- TechnipFMC India CSR Initiative Seed of Hope Wins Special Recognition From UN Global Compact Network India (GCNI) - 26 June, 2018
- An Effective Team is the Key to Success and Mobility of a Firm - 26 June, 2018
- Shankar Mahadevan Academy associates with Maharashtra Mandal Singapore - 25 June, 2018
- KPIT Awarded the FKCCI CSR Awards 2018 for CSR Excellence in Basic Education - 22 June, 2018
- Dabur to Promote Yoga, Ayurveda among Youth on International Yoga Day - 20 June, 2018
- Evergen and Airlabs announce World’s first Clean Air Zone “AirHavn”– to demonstrate an innovative new technology to clean air pollution in Delhi - 14 June, 2018