Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
On 18th November 2017, Macmillan Education, a leading global publishing company active in the K-12 space, having presence in over 20,000 schools across India and reaching over 10 million learners, in conjunction with Fortis Healthcare launched ‘Life Skill Development Program’ for school educators and students. The program aims to empower teachers to impart Life skill education through classroom sessions.
In the last decade, the school environment has evolved rapidly, and new challenges have emerged in the ecosystem. As a stakeholder, Macmillan’s role extends beyond providing content, to also initiating debate through seminars, symposia and workshops to increase awareness and provide guidance to educators. Macmillan understands that in 21st century, Life Skills development among children is paramount and it is our committed to make constant investment towards the development of society. Under the ambit of this program, Macmillan and Fortis healthcare are conducting workshops across India, where issues related to child safety and role of school counsellors etc. are discussed at length.
Dr. Samir Parikh, Director – Department of Mental Health and Behavioral Sciences, Fortis Healthcare and Ms. Vandana Rellan Juneja – Associate Director – Marketing & New Initiatives, Macmillan launched this program in the presence of around 100 Principals from different schools of Delhi & NCR. Dr. Parikh graced this event as a Keynote speaker and discussed about student’s awareness of safety procedures, cyber safety, Changing Social Structure and Media Literacy.
Know more about Macmillan at http://www.macmillaneducation.in/inz
- ofo, the World’s Largest Bicycle Sharing Platform, Contributes to Urban Mobility in Pune’s Magarpatta City - 9 March, 2018
- Dr. Madhu Chitkara Honoured with NIVEDITA Award for Service towards Women Empowerment on Account of International Women’s Day - 9 March, 2018
- Merck Launches their Merck Foundation and Mark International Women’s Day with First Lady of Niger - 9 March, 2018
- Plan India, Delegation of the European Union and Embassy of Finland Celebrate International Women’s Day 2018 in India under the Theme Economic Empowerment of Women - 7 March, 2018
- Merck Foundation Join Hands with the First Lady of The Gambia to Empower Infertile Women across Africa - 24 February, 2018
- Merck Foundation and Uganda Ministry of Health Continue their Support for the Heroines of ‘Merck More Than a Mother’ - 19 February, 2018
- Reverse Logistics Group Launches Clean to Green Campaign to Promote Responsible e-waste Recycling in India - 13 February, 2018
- UAE Exchange India Won Innov and Eminent Award 2017 for CSR - 23 January, 2018
- TechnipFMC in India Sponsors Jaipur Foot Camps in Partnership with the Rotary Club - 17 January, 2018
- NCCF Co-develops India’s Forest Management Certification Standard in Association with Ministries, Forest Departments, Industry and NGOs - 17 January, 2018