Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
On 18th November 2017, Macmillan Education, a leading global publishing company active in the K-12 space, having presence in over 20,000 schools across India and reaching over 10 million learners, in conjunction with Fortis Healthcare launched ‘Life Skill Development Program’ for school educators and students. The program aims to empower teachers to impart Life skill education through classroom sessions.
In the last decade, the school environment has evolved rapidly, and new challenges have emerged in the ecosystem. As a stakeholder, Macmillan’s role extends beyond providing content, to also initiating debate through seminars, symposia and workshops to increase awareness and provide guidance to educators. Macmillan understands that in 21st century, Life Skills development among children is paramount and it is our committed to make constant investment towards the development of society. Under the ambit of this program, Macmillan and Fortis healthcare are conducting workshops across India, where issues related to child safety and role of school counsellors etc. are discussed at length.
Dr. Samir Parikh, Director – Department of Mental Health and Behavioral Sciences, Fortis Healthcare and Ms. Vandana Rellan Juneja – Associate Director – Marketing & New Initiatives, Macmillan launched this program in the presence of around 100 Principals from different schools of Delhi & NCR. Dr. Parikh graced this event as a Keynote speaker and discussed about student’s awareness of safety procedures, cyber safety, Changing Social Structure and Media Literacy.
Know more about Macmillan at http://www.macmillaneducation.in/inz
- TechnipFMC in India Sponsors Jaipur Foot Camps in Partnership with the Rotary Club - 17 January, 2018
- NCCF Co-develops India’s Forest Management Certification Standard in Association with Ministries, Forest Departments, Industry and NGOs - 17 January, 2018
- Snapdeal and National Book Trust Launch Har Hath Ek Kitab at the World Book Fair - 12 January, 2018
- Jeevan Jyot Cancer Relief and Care Trust Organizes ‘Prince Kutchhi Vyapar Mela’ to Create Fund for the Treatment of Children Cancer Patients - 11 January, 2018
- Food Safety and Standards Authority of India, Maharashtra Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Coca-Cola India Join Hands to Train Street Food Vendors in Pune - 6 January, 2018
- MoU Signed between ofo and Pune Municipal Corporation - 5 January, 2018
- Help a Child Touch the Star With #findurstar Campaign - 30 December, 2017
- ITC Green Centre, Bengaluru Wins Project of the Year Award - 22 December, 2017
- NatureFresh Sampoorna Chakki Atta Promotes Food Security with #NoKhaaliPet Campaign - 19 December, 2017
- Subway Donates Rs 1.5 Million for Under Privileged Children in India - 19 December, 2017