Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India
On 18th November 2017, Macmillan Education, a leading global publishing company active in the K-12 space, having presence in over 20,000 schools across India and reaching over 10 million learners, in conjunction with Fortis Healthcare launched ‘Life Skill Development Program’ for school educators and students. The program aims to empower teachers to impart Life skill education through classroom sessions.
In the last decade, the school environment has evolved rapidly, and new challenges have emerged in the ecosystem. As a stakeholder, Macmillan’s role extends beyond providing content, to also initiating debate through seminars, symposia and workshops to increase awareness and provide guidance to educators. Macmillan understands that in 21st century, Life Skills development among children is paramount and it is our committed to make constant investment towards the development of society. Under the ambit of this program, Macmillan and Fortis healthcare are conducting workshops across India, where issues related to child safety and role of school counsellors etc. are discussed at length.
Dr. Samir Parikh, Director – Department of Mental Health and Behavioral Sciences, Fortis Healthcare and Ms. Vandana Rellan Juneja – Associate Director – Marketing & New Initiatives, Macmillan launched this program in the presence of around 100 Principals from different schools of Delhi & NCR. Dr. Parikh graced this event as a Keynote speaker and discussed about student’s awareness of safety procedures, cyber safety, Changing Social Structure and Media Literacy.
Know more about Macmillan at http://www.macmillaneducation.in/inz
- Ambuja Cement’s Skill Development Initiative Collaborates With DDU-GKY - 23 July, 2018
- United Way Mumbai and Coca-Cola India Join Hands to Organize Beach Clean-up Drives Under ‘Clean Shores Mumbai’ Initiative - 27 June, 2018
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation hosts panel discussion on ‘Making Markets work for the Poor’ - 21 June, 2018
- Dosti Realty Spreads Awareness Through Their Tree Plantation Drive at Dosti West County - 7 June, 2018
- Siddha Group Launches World Environment Day Initiative in Association With Kolkata Municipal Corporation - 7 June, 2018
- Tata Starbucks Reinforces Its Commitment to Sustainability - 5 June, 2018
- GEF Capital Partners to Be the Catalyst for ESDS’ Growth Ambitions - 5 June, 2018
- USISPF Launches CEO Water Alliance - 5 June, 2018
- Social Entrepreneurs Amar and Payal Tulsiyan, Co-Founders of Menstrual Hygiene Awareness Initiative the Niine Movement, Receive Partners in Health Award at FOGSI International Women’s Health Summit - 4 June, 2018
- Sanjib Datta Takes Over as Managing Director of Mahanagar Gas Limited - 4 June, 2018