New Delhi, Delhi , India
The opening of entries for the DST-Lockheed Martin India Innovation Growth Programme for 2016 was announced at the New Delhi Technology Expo. The programme will enter its landmark 10th year.
Several winners of the India Innovation Growth Programme showcased their technologies at the New Delhi Technology Expo. Some of the technologies showcased were MiraCradle developed by Delhi based Pluss Advanced Technologies Pvt. Ltd., a Neonate Cooler which is non-electronic affordable passive cooling device that uses the advanced phase change material technology to cool babies suffering from asphyxia and costs only 1/10th of the present devices. Another technology displayed was New Leaf Dynamic Technologies ‘GreenCHILL’, an off-grid, compressor-less and renewable energy powered refrigeration system. It does not require grid power or diesel generator backup to do cooling. GreenCHILL uses only 40 liter of hot water to cool 1,000 liters milk and 10 MT of fruits, vegetables or any other horticultural produce. Leaf wearables also showcased a wearable safety device (SAFER) that sends signal to alert, police, family, and friends. The USP of the innovation is that it works on three tier redundancy model, i.e. Internet, SMS and even when there is no network connection on SOS.
Over 70 Business Engagement Agreements were signed between innovators and leading industry partners and prominent names like Sir Ganga Ram hospital , Health Care at Home – Unit of Dabur India, Century Denim , Surya Roshni, Tata Housing & Hiranandani Developers, Mumbai. 20 winners from the current year were given cash awards of INR. 1 Lakh each.
The IIGP has provided a platform for nurturing innovation in the country, as seen in the rapid rise of applications—receiving a total number of 6,124 since its inception. The IIGP focuses on a “Mind to Market” strategy by offering extensive training modules that are suitably structured to help participants gauge and streamline their existing capabilities, as well as formulate and implement appropriate business strategies. With its emphasis on capacity building and technology commercialization, IIGP has helped several participants in their quest to find suitable business partners in India as well as internationally. This has resulted in 400 plus business engagement agreements being signed between innovators and industry partners/investors. The total revenue generated by the participating companies under the programme is US$ 860 million.
Since the inception of IIGP, there are several innovators who are not only able to commercialize their technology but have also generated exports. In the period between 2013 to 2015, the total export turnover of the innovators was INR 181 crore (approx.US$30million).
The India Innovation Growth Programme, launched in March 2007, was started with the objective of enhancing the growth and development of India’s entrepreneurial economy. The aim of this programme is to accelerate innovative new Indian technologies into markets in the United States and around the world. The India Innovation Growth Programme is the only programme of its kind because of its focus on teaching and using world-class commercialization strategies. Since its introduction in India, the programme has received an overwhelming response from innovators, inventors, scientists and researchers working across diverse sectors throughout India.
For more details on the programme visit: http://www.indiainnovates.in
- Ambuja Cement’s Skill Development Initiative Collaborates With DDU-GKY - 23 July, 2018
- United Way Mumbai and Coca-Cola India Join Hands to Organize Beach Clean-up Drives Under ‘Clean Shores Mumbai’ Initiative - 27 June, 2018
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation hosts panel discussion on ‘Making Markets work for the Poor’ - 21 June, 2018
- Dosti Realty Spreads Awareness Through Their Tree Plantation Drive at Dosti West County - 7 June, 2018
- Siddha Group Launches World Environment Day Initiative in Association With Kolkata Municipal Corporation - 7 June, 2018
- Tata Starbucks Reinforces Its Commitment to Sustainability - 5 June, 2018
- GEF Capital Partners to Be the Catalyst for ESDS’ Growth Ambitions - 5 June, 2018
- USISPF Launches CEO Water Alliance - 5 June, 2018
- Social Entrepreneurs Amar and Payal Tulsiyan, Co-Founders of Menstrual Hygiene Awareness Initiative the Niine Movement, Receive Partners in Health Award at FOGSI International Women’s Health Summit - 4 June, 2018
- Sanjib Datta Takes Over as Managing Director of Mahanagar Gas Limited - 4 June, 2018