In line with NORTHCAP University’s commitment towards ‘Female Health & Disease free’ society, a Mammography Diagnostic Camp was conducted on 26th April 2017. The screening/diagnostic was concluded successfully in partnership with Rotary Club, bringing specialized investigations free of cost, right at the doorstep with over 18 ladies making avail of the diagnostic offering while 11 undertook screening.
Also, as a part of spreading awareness about female health hazards, a highly informative talk on Breast Cancer & Cervical Cancer was undertaken by Rotarian Dr. Pushpa Sethi & Dr. Indu Aggarwal from Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute & Research Centre respectively. The talks were attended by over 100 attendees comprising of faculty members and students.
Speaking at the occasion Pro Vice-Chancellor, Brig SK Sharma (Retd) said, “Women are the real pillars of the household and their health is of utmost importance. If women are healthy society will be healthy.”
Speaking about the talks student Ashmita said, “The talk by Dr Pushpa Sethi was informative and I have learnt how to examine myself correctly. Dr Indu Aggarwal explained the right age for getting vaccinated so as to prevent cervix cancer.”
The camp and talk were coordinated by Dr. Shilpy Wadhwa, Medical Consultant, NORTHCAP University and were organised as a part of NORTHCAP University’s community outreach programme to make women above the age of 40 years, aware about their role in prevention of terminal diseases rampantly on the rise.
Recently, The NorthCap University also organized an organ donation camp ‘UPHAAR’ for its students, faculties and staff wherein they pledged to donate their organs after their death. The main aim of this camp was to spread awareness about the benefits of organ donation in case of brain death and thus motivate students/faculty to pledge to donate their organs after death. More than 100 donors were registered at the camp.
The camp was organized by ‘Yukti’ the social service cell of the University. They collaborated with The Organ Receiving & Giving Awareness Network (ORGAN) India, a Delhi based NGO and pledged to donate their organs through Columbia Asia Hospital.
- CSR Portal “Sahyog” launched by Uttarakhand Govt. - 17 January, 2020
- How to attain positive youth development through sports. New research findings of Dr. Paul Perkins & Prof. Allan Hahn - 14 January, 2020
- International Responsible Investor Network Conference in Mumbai - 13 January, 2020
- International Conference on Peace, Environment & Tourism in Nepal - 8 January, 2020
- Dabur Adopts, Revamps 4 Govt Schools in Rajasthan - 28 December, 2019
- Adani Enterprises Limited-Mining bags top honour at the 18th Annual Greentech Safety Award 2019 - 14 December, 2019
- Impact Talk 2020 On Plastic Waste, A Threat Or An Opportunity - 5 December, 2019
- Niti Aayog asks India Inc to assess CSR impact - 22 November, 2019
- First UAE Conscious Consumer study highlights need for urgent action - 21 November, 2019
- The Integrated Sustainability Management System Workshop, Nigeria - 20 November, 2019