Research & Development Project by KPIT & Central Institute of Road Transport (CIRT) supported by Ministry of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH)
New Delhi, Delhi , India
Hon. Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi flagged off the Smart Electric Bus, an indigenous technology developed by the India headquartered global technology company, KPIT (BSE: 532400, NSE: KPIT), at the Indian Parliament on the 21st of December. This project was initiated by India’s Minister of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) Shri. Nitin Gadkari.
Central Institute of Road Transport (CIRT) partnered for this project to validate and ensure that the electric bus technology is safe, reliable, and well suited for Indian road conditions. This initiative is inspired by Shri. Gadkari’s call to the industry and research organizations to develop indigenous, innovative and pollution free public transport for India. KPIT’s Smart Electric Bus enables clean mobility and is aligned with the Indian government’s initiatives of Make in India, Smart Cities and Swachh Bharat.
This full electric system for buses can be deployed to create new intelligent electric buses, as well as convert existing conventional fuel buses. It is a versatile system and a variety of existing bus types can be converted to electric buses. KPIT has 20+ global patents for this technology.
Two such buses will be presented to the Indian Parliament for its members to experience green & intelligent technology. This is a step towards reducing Delhi’s pollution.
Speaking at the event, Shri Nitin Gadkari, Minister of Road Transport and Highways, Government of India, said,
“With rising pollution levels and growing urbanization in the country, the government is committed to identifying and promoting sustainable solutions to make public transportation environment friendly while keeping it affordable. It is our effort to convert 1.5 lakh diesel buses into electric battery-operated buses, and we believe this Smart Electric Bus technology is an effective step toward that direction. This technology can be a potential game-changer for putting the ‘Make in India’ label on the world map.”
Commenting on the occasion, Ravi Pandit, Co-Founder, Chairman & Group CEO of KPIT said,
“KPIT is focused on enabling green and intelligent public transportation in India. Our indigenously built Intelligent Transport Solution (ITS) is implemented in 4000+ buses and running in 19 states in India. The Smart Electric Bus showcased today is a robust pollution-free and affordable public transportation system that can be deployed at a very large scale across India. Through such technologies we are very happy to contribute in the Government’s vision for Smart Cities and Make in India.”
About KPIT Technologies Ltd.
Headquartered in India, KPIT (BSE:532400, NSE: KPIT) is a global technology company focused on providing technology solutions and expertise to Automotive & Transportation Companies, Government bodies, Energy & Utility companies and City authorities. With revenues of over INR 3,000 Crores, KPIT has been recognized as one of the fastest growing companies by leading analysts and consulting companies. Providing Engineering & Software expertise to marque global customers over two decades, KPIT has developed robust, Indigenous solutions to make Indian cities cleaner, safer & smarter and operations of city/transport/utility authorities more efficient.
To know more, please visit : www.kpit.com
- Ambuja Cement’s Skill Development Initiative Collaborates With DDU-GKY - 23 July, 2018
- United Way Mumbai and Coca-Cola India Join Hands to Organize Beach Clean-up Drives Under ‘Clean Shores Mumbai’ Initiative - 27 June, 2018
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation hosts panel discussion on ‘Making Markets work for the Poor’ - 21 June, 2018
- Dosti Realty Spreads Awareness Through Their Tree Plantation Drive at Dosti West County - 7 June, 2018
- Siddha Group Launches World Environment Day Initiative in Association With Kolkata Municipal Corporation - 7 June, 2018
- Tata Starbucks Reinforces Its Commitment to Sustainability - 5 June, 2018
- GEF Capital Partners to Be the Catalyst for ESDS’ Growth Ambitions - 5 June, 2018
- USISPF Launches CEO Water Alliance - 5 June, 2018
- Social Entrepreneurs Amar and Payal Tulsiyan, Co-Founders of Menstrual Hygiene Awareness Initiative the Niine Movement, Receive Partners in Health Award at FOGSI International Women’s Health Summit - 4 June, 2018
- Sanjib Datta Takes Over as Managing Director of Mahanagar Gas Limited - 4 June, 2018