Mumbai : Making the roads of Mumbai a safer place, Mumbai Traffic Police and Radio City 91.1 FM, have joined hands to launch the Rag Rag Mein Road Safety, Rag Rag Mein Mumbai City campaign.
On ground activities involved RJ Salil and Archana at traffic signals in the city, Rag Rag Mein Road Safety tried to make Mumbaikars more aware of road safety rules and regulations, while simultaneously making an effort to showcase the general lack of driving sense, blissful ignorance of traffic rules and the woes of traffic police.
The venture intends to build a sense of responsibility amongst drivers by creating awareness about traffic rules. Rag Rag Mein Road Safety incorporates Radio City’s refreshing brand campaign ‘Rag Rag Mein Daude City’ into its theme in an effort to bring out the passion for the city amongst the Mumbaikars.
Radio City 91.1 FM along with the Traffic Police department, undertook this initiative with the sentiment to engage and connect listeners on a regular basis to save lives, reduce traffic jams to curb wilful violation of traffic rules and make driving in the city a safe and pleasant experience.
The activity witnessed popular RJs Salil and Archana assisting traffic cops, manage traffic at busy junctions such as Vakola11 AM onwards on the day of the event. The Radio Jockeys gave LIVE updates from the signal about the experience with do’s and don’ts to reduce the tedium of traffic. RJ Salil and RJ Archana imparted the experience to listeners, with visuals that flashed on Radio City’s social media pages.
Speaking on this initiative Mr. Sanjay Jadhav, DCP Traffic western suburbs said, “There is an urgent need for awareness of road safety among the drivers and pedestrians of Mumbai. We have therefore joined hands with Radio City 91.1 FM to spread the word on the importance of road safety. Radio City RJ’s participation in the activity will undoubtedly assist in creating the awareness. With this association we can jointly convey to the citizens of Mumbai and help them be aware and vigilant of traffic rules that would be beneficial for them and their family.”
The association hopes to create awareness to make Mumbaikars responsible driver and conveying to the listeners the challenging task that traffic cops do for citizens’ safety, in spite of numerous challenges.
About Radio City 91.1FM
Radio City 91.1 FM is a 100 percent owned subsidiary of JagranPrakashan Ltd. Radio City 91.1 FM. India’s first & oldest FM brand has been synonymous with the category since its inception in 2001. The station has ruled the airwaves, by being No.1 in Mumbai & Bangalore for over 451+ weeks and a consistent top-2 across all other operating markets, reaching out to over 4.7 crore listeners across the country, according to the recent AZ Research. A pioneer with first on dial, first on web and first to microlocalize themselves, Radio City was the first to introduce humor on radio with BabberSher, first to launch agony aunt solving love problems with Love Guru, first to launch the biggest singing reality show in India with Radio City Super Singer, first ever FM station to recognize the independent singers & musicians with Radio City Freedom Awards and the first FM station to launch internet radio streams in India with 21 stations & counting!
With a reach across 39 of the most important towns of India, dominating the most important advertiser markets, for the fifth year in a row the brand has been ranked among the Top-25 brands to work for in India by the ‘Great Place to Work’ survey. Led strongly by the philosophy of Rag Rag Mein Daude City, the brand is firmly driven by the passion and the pride that listeners feel for it and associate it to. For further details, log on to www.planetradiocity.com.
- Kunwer Sachdev, Managing Director, Su-kam among Hurun’s Most Respected Entrepreneurs 2017 - 19 December, 2017
- BCTA Donates 2000 Footballs to the Delhi Government in the esteemed presence of the Chief Minister, Arvind Kejriwal - 17 December, 2017
- Emaar India nurtured the life of 450 labours’ kids through “Guardian of Hope” programme - 16 December, 2017
- Awards for SIFFCY 2017 Announced - 16 December, 2017
- Bihar Skill Development Mission’s Initiative Towards Effective Skilling of Youth of Bihar - 15 December, 2017
- International Conference on “Ethics, Spirituality & Sustainability” Report - 14 December, 2017
- RRHEDS has Conducted a Health Awareness Camp to School Childrens - 13 December, 2017
- SIKKA GROUP ORGANISES BLANKET DISTRIBUTION CAMP - 12 December, 2017
- Dabur joins ‘WE CARE: Waste Efficient Collection & Recycling’ Project - 8 December, 2017
- 3rd DECEMBER TO BE CELEBRATED AS ‘ROAD SAFETY DAY’: KEVAL KHURANA - 8 December, 2017