New Delhi, Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute & Research Centre (RGCIRC), one of Asia’s largest centres for exclusive cancer care, has commissioned a new age cancer centre in the heart of South Delhi. The oncology centre has been launched in collaboration with the well known National Chest Institute, and is located in a modern facility in Gautam Nagar.
More than 1,300 people die of cancer everyday and cancer c ases in Delhi have been on a rise rapidly since 2008-09. According to ICMR, Cancer cases in India are expected to jump from around 14 lakh in 2016 to over 17.3 lakh by 2020. Deaths due to cancer are projected to go up from 7.36 lakh to over 8.8 lakh in the next four years.
Mr D S Negi, CEO (RGCIRC) said, “In view of the growing need of expeditious screening, quality care and expert intervention, we consider it important to expand our footprint to enable all cancer patients to have access to world-class yet affordable facilities. We have set up the South Delhi centre to cater to the pressing need for our services in this part of the national capital region. RGCIRC’s presence here will make it convenient for many in this part of the city as well as those in Noida, Faridabad, Gurugram and Ghaziabad.”
Mr Negi added, “We get more than 60,000 patients every year for diagnosis and treatment at our main campus in Rohini. RGCIRC carries a legacy of 20 years, having catered to more than 2 lakh patients. We sincerely hope our expertise will help many more people.”
Delhi has among the highest incidence rates for childhood cancers in country. According to ICMR report 2012-14, Delhi had reported 551 new cases of cancers, which was 5.4%of the total cases of cancers reported in India; while 309 cases of cancer were reported in girls, which is 3.2% of the total cancer cases.
RGCIRC at South Delhi will serve as a gateway to excellence in healthcare to all patients in all disciplines of oncology. The centre has been planned as an extremely patient-friendly facility, with an emphasis on prevention and early detection.
For the first time in the country, a multi-disciplinary consultation shall be given to every new patient of cancer at RGCIRC. “A multi-disciplinary consult is more beneficial to the patient because he or she receives the joint opinion of many cancer specialists, giving a well rounded, thorough and safe treatment plan”, said Dr S K Rawal, Medical Director, RGCIRC. The Centre will offer day care services, emergency services and intensive care for cancer patients, supported by a round the clock pharmacy and diagnostics. The Centre will hold super-specialty clinics on dedicated days so as to provide focused care.
“Prevention is better than cure. Nowhere does this saying hold more truth than in the case of cancer. Our new facility will serve as our outreach arm for making people aware that this dreaded disease is very much preventable, and very much curable if caught early. It was a pleasant surprise to see that RWAs of our neighboring areas in South Delhi are very conscious of the health of their members. We have been holding prevention and screening camps in association with these RWAs to spread our message of prevention”, said Dr Rawal.
RGCIRC (www.rgcirc.org) is today counted amongst Asia’s premier exclusive cancer centres that offer the unique advantage of cutting edge technology, put to use by renowned super specialists. The Institute has been accredited by NABH and NABL for its quality of services. RGCIRC has been ranked amongst 10 Best Oncology Hospitals of India (Week – Nielsen Survey 2014) and won the prestigious award for Best Oncology Hospital in India at Healthcare Achievers’ Awards 2014.
- Corteva partners with governments and local communities to ensure health and safety of farmers during the pandemic - 28 September, 2020
- ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company Limited ESG report - 28 September, 2020
- Soul Of Braj Federation Organised, POSHAN MAAH Program in Braj Villages - 22 September, 2020
- CSR initiatives during Covid-19 is bringing Companies closer in Thailand - 17 September, 2020
- The Responsible Business Era! Presented by IICSR Group - 8 September, 2020
- CSR, SDGs & Purposeful Play- Another Webinar – Dr Anil Jaggi - 3 September, 2020
- Vodafone India Foundation, CGI and NASSCOM Foundation Launch DigiSakshar.org – An online Digital Skills Development Platform - 20 August, 2020
- A Virtual Dialogue: Addressing the Crisis through Solidarity & Partnership - 18 July, 2020
- Relaxo Foundation Salutes the Unsung Warriors - 13 July, 2020
- Successful execution of online course: Introduction to CSR and Sustainability. - 6 July, 2020