With Youngsters entering Indian Silicon Valley everyday from different corners of the country in search of better n brighter future, the city of lakes & gardens “Bangalore” is now facing another kind of environmental problems. Experts says that “Bangalore” is dying a thirsty death way too soon. Very true. I also feel the carrying capacity of Bangalore is already exhausted and apart from regular traffic jams, choked roads, supply of clean drinking water is major challenge for locals. Many housing societies including posh area like Kormangala are only surviving on paid tankers supply. Now, the Million Dollar Question is for how long ?
Venture Capitalists are feeding $ Billion Dollars in Startup eco system in Bangalore but what is the point of such financial prosperity when the city will not have the supply of its own drinking water, vanished flora and fauna and buy antibiotics no prescription uk hassles free traffic…
Many such initiatives are taken by local authorities and corporates but its highly impressive when you see a common citizen is putting his/her extra ordinary efforts to save its fragile eco system of this lake city.
Ashutosh Sharma, native of Uttarakhand is another such person, I came across who is working hard to revive its beautiful lakes by planting tress around them.In the last 7 years, more than six thousand fruit trees are planted around Kasavanhalli lake by Ashutosh successfully with team of residents and volunteers and the results are quite tangible to find its biodiversity , are saved back. You need to have passion to do something for your mother earth and to make your surrounding sustainable and beautiful, said Ashutosh, independent Green crusader of Bangalore
Delighted to share video link to find about his work & passion-
- Interview with Dr Heera Lal, IAS, Advisor-Model गाँव & Additional Mission Director at National Health Mission UP, India - 15 March, 2021
- Interview with Mr. Rick Carlton, Founder and CEO of SevaChild India Foundation - 7 September, 2020
- Interview with Elaine Cohen, MD – Beyond Business Ltd., Israel - 15 July, 2020
- ICIMOD to lead nine mountain priorities and six urgent actions for HKH region to support UN-SDGs- Dr David Molden, DG ICIMOD Nepal - 28 February, 2020
- Farm mechanization is crucial for modernization & commercialization of agriculture with strategic CSR support- Mr. HL Bharaj, Executive Director (Services/S&E), THDC India Ltd., Rishikesh - 20 February, 2020
- Interview with Yoshi Sano, Japan - 10 February, 2020
- Saves Lakes to Save Bangalore - 11 January, 2020
- Making Money without Meaning is Meaningless : Prof. Jagdish N. Sheth - 24 September, 2019