The much-awaited third edition of the ‘Smile International Film Festival for Children & Youth’ (SIFFCY) will premiere over 100 significant films including feature films, short films, and documentaries from across the globe at Sirifort Auditorium in New Delhi from 11-17 December, 2017.
Organized by Smile Foundation (a pan India development organization), SIFFCY is the only children and youth film festival that showcases films catering to children and youth. The objective of the initiative is to stimulate discussion among the youth and sensitize them about various issues. Apart from showcasing the films, the festival also supports emerging filmmakers and recognizes the pioneers and leaders of the industry. SIFFCY has received over 2000 entries this year from over 100 countries.
This year, the highlight of this one-of a kind festival will be the Dutch Cinema for which top-10 Dutch films have been curated and will be presented by Gert Herman from the European Children’s Film Association. SIFFCY will also highlight burning issues of cleanliness, environment and climate change through a special selection of films and discussion forums – called SIFFCY goes Green, to create awareness on the environmental issues amongst children and youth.
“Apart from film screenings, every year SIFFCY also organizes film making workshops with an objective to engage, educate and empower our children and youth. SIFFCY has been hosting various workshops in a special section called “Take One”. This year the workshop will be hosted by internationally acclaimed UK based organisation- ‘Films without Borders’ with the idea of engaging and educating children on filmmaking. The other highlight of the festival includes a special delegation from Japan coming to present a film on ‘Love and humanity against war’ (A film on selfless service of mankind post World War II). Also on our board, we have Monica Wahi, a prominent name in the children’s filmfraternity, as the curator of this film festival.” Said Mr. Jitendra Mishra, Festival Director, SIFFCY.
Speaking on this occasion, Mr. Santanu Mishra, Executive Trustee of Smile Foundation & Chairman – SIFFCY said, “Children and youth are the future of any nation. If sensitized from the very beginning, they can be the best change agents, be it in their family or the community in which they live. But unfortunately, in today’s world, indifference is fast taking over the natural empathetic tendencies of young people. Our aim is to sensitize children and youth through the medium of infotainment and create a lasting impact in their minds.”
SIFFCY (Smile International Film Festival for Children & Youth) is a special film platform devoted to a greater appreciation of meaningful cinemas made for children and youth which can bring change in the society by showcasing those films, supporting emerging filmmakers, recognizing the pioneers and leaders of the similar industry and by promoting the diverse perspectives of Good World Cinema.
For more information: www.siffcy.org
About Smile Foundation:
Smile Foundation is a national level development organization benefitting over 400,000 underprivileged children, their families and the community directly through more than 250 welfare projects on subjects such as education, healthcare, livelihood, and women empowerment across 25 states of India. Adopting a life cycle approach of development, Smile Foundation focuses its interventions on children, their families and the community.
- Kunwer Sachdev, Managing Director, Su-kam among Hurun’s Most Respected Entrepreneurs 2017 - 19 December, 2017
- BCTA Donates 2000 Footballs to the Delhi Government in the esteemed presence of the Chief Minister, Arvind Kejriwal - 17 December, 2017
- Emaar India nurtured the life of 450 labours’ kids through “Guardian of Hope” programme - 16 December, 2017
- Awards for SIFFCY 2017 Announced - 16 December, 2017
- Bihar Skill Development Mission’s Initiative Towards Effective Skilling of Youth of Bihar - 15 December, 2017
- International Conference on “Ethics, Spirituality & Sustainability” Report - 14 December, 2017
- RRHEDS has Conducted a Health Awareness Camp to School Childrens - 13 December, 2017
- SIKKA GROUP ORGANISES BLANKET DISTRIBUTION CAMP - 12 December, 2017
- Dabur joins ‘WE CARE: Waste Efficient Collection & Recycling’ Project - 8 December, 2017
- 3rd DECEMBER TO BE CELEBRATED AS ‘ROAD SAFETY DAY’: KEVAL KHURANA - 8 December, 2017