Dahej, Gujarat, India
TechnipFMC in association with SEED CSR, is pleased to announce the inauguration of Skill Development Centre (SDC) and a mobile Medical Health Unit (MHU) in Suva at GIDC area, Dahej, Gujarat.
TechnipFMC collaborated with SEED CSR in 2016 to undertake sustainable initiatives in Dahej to improve two fundamental areas of the local community for a better tomorrow: Skill Development and Healthcare.
A Skill Development Centre equipped with theory and practical sessions certified by NSDC has been set up at Rahiwad Chalk to train youth in the communities on popular industry trades. Training program has been designed with an aim to inculcate skills such as fitting, welding and stitching along with grooming session to improve soft skills of the students which will help them access better livelihood opportunities available in GIDC area.
Under quality healthcare program, a mobile Medical Health Unit (MHU) has been introduced in Dahej which will cover almost 10 villages and remain operational for 6 days a week. MHU will facilitate curative and preventive health care provided by General Physician, Gynaecologist and Paediatricians.
The inaugural program started with lighting of lamp and flagging of medical health unit at TechnipFMC Modular Manufacturing Yard. Vote of thanks was offered by Mrs Kamubein Ganpatbhai Gohil, Sarpanch, Suva to appreciate the sponsors for their CSR interventions at the village.
Rajesh K Gupta, SVP, Modular Manufacturing Yard, Technip India, stated the purpose of skill development center in his address at the opening ceremony, saying, “Our presence in Dahej gives us an opportunity to interact with the local community and understand their requirement better. I am hopeful that the youth from the surrounding villages will acquire knowledge and skills from this well-equipped centre of excellence to avail employment opportunities in industry as well as entrepreneurship.”
Commenting on the initiatives, Swayantani Ghosh, Communications & CSR Head, Technip India* said, “Through our social initiative partner SEED CSR we aim to address basic necessities of Suva and other villages close to our manufacturing Yard since rural India being crippled with lack of right skill, absence of livelihood opportunities and basic healthcare facility. We hope mobile medical health unit will be instrumental for villagers to access integrated primary healthcare facility.”
On this occasion of Skill Development and Healthcare program inauguration, Mr Anirban Roy, MD Seed CSR said, “We are happy to Partner with TechnipFMC for sustainable initiatives for the underprivileged with skill development program and preventive health check-ups. With all perseverance and joy, we are dedicating mobile medical health unit to Suva village community. With this project, we are trying to touch the lives of people through a sustainable healthy environment.”
*Technip India is a subsidiary of TechnipFMC Group
- TechnipFMC Partners with SEED CSR to Inaugurate Skill Development Centre and Mobile Medical Health Unit in Gujarat - 4 April, 2018
- Ambuja Cement Celebrates World Water Day across its Operations - 27 March, 2018
- VIBGYOR Group of Schools Embark on a Journey to Create Water for the Future - 24 March, 2018
- Priyadarshni Academy Celebrates 34th Anniversary Literary Awards and Educational Scholarships Program - 20 March, 2018
- TCS Olympus Centre Awarded the ‘Best Commercial Project of 2016-17’ at the 32nd National Real Estate Annual Awards by Accommodation Times - 19 March, 2018
- ofo, the World’s Largest Bicycle Sharing Platform, Contributes to Urban Mobility in Pune’s Magarpatta City - 9 March, 2018
- Dr. Madhu Chitkara Honoured with NIVEDITA Award for Service towards Women Empowerment on Account of International Women’s Day - 9 March, 2018
- Merck Launches their Merck Foundation and Mark International Women’s Day with First Lady of Niger - 9 March, 2018
- Plan India, Delegation of the European Union and Embassy of Finland Celebrate International Women’s Day 2018 in India under the Theme Economic Empowerment of Women - 7 March, 2018
- Merck Foundation Join Hands with the First Lady of The Gambia to Empower Infertile Women across Africa - 24 February, 2018