Bangalore : Tesco Bengaluru recently celebrated ‘CSR Month’ – a series of initiatives directed at increasing colleague volunteering and community welfare.
The company conceptualized the campaign to bring about meaningful change to society and reaffirm colleagues’ commitment to communities. Tesco Bengaluru aims to be one of the leading corporates in the city who have successfully brought colleague volunteering to the forefront through the sheer scale and impact of the initiative executed.
The row of activities were driven over and above the mandated 2% CSR spend.
- 22 Volunteering events.
- Over 3600 volunteering hours clocked-and still counting!.
- 1500+ tree saplings planted in Whitefield.
- Over 950 colleagues pledged their eyes in the eye pledging drive with Sankara Eye Hospital.
- Over 6 Cartons of clothes and books donated in the collection drive.
- 55+ kgs of bakes treats sold at BOSCO’s Bakery Stall to support their training.
New initiatives this month include
- Individual Social Responsibility.
- A live scoreboard which clocks volunteer hours and help felicitate CSR champions since community volunteering is a key measure of commitment and progress as an organization.
- Participated in the India Smile Challenge through Give India.
- Flash mobs and street plays.
- New partnerships with NGOs.
- Launch of a CSR sub-section on the Tesco HUB website.
- Successful execution of online course: Introduction to CSR and Sustainability. - 6 July, 2020
- Talk – Application for CSR & Sustainability in Management Verticals by Dr Anil Jaggi - 1 July, 2020
- Soul Of Braj Federation Born With a Right Intension - 14 June, 2020
- Webinar on Impact of Covid-19 on Indian Agriculture: Reimagining the Way Forward (A collective effort of Government, Corporate and CSOs) - 11 June, 2020
- Virtual Conference on Shaping the Energy Future : Challenges and Opportunities SEFCO-2020 - 2 June, 2020
- ASSOCHAM CSR WEBINAR on Collaborate and Co-create a CSR Ecosystem for challenges ahead - 26 May, 2020
- 1st State level Webinar held on “Covid-19, Lockdoad & Uttarakhand” - 24 May, 2020
- Can CSR make a difference to the impact of COVID-19? : Dr. Michael Hopkins - 16 May, 2020
- Weak governance and lack of due diligence pose a grave risk to CSR programs: EY survey - 14 May, 2020
- Impact of COVID–19 & Its Impact on Development Sector - 4 May, 2020