New Delhi, Delhi, India
Founded in 2015, the Vedica Scholars Programme for Women announces admissions for its third batch, the Class of 2017-2018. A one-of-its-kind initiative, Vedica is an exciting post-graduate programme in management exclusively for women. Located in the heart of Delhi, this 18-month, residential programme is tailored to the needs of employers, who recognise the need for greater diversity in the workforce and board-rooms today. Fresh graduates, as well as women with work experience, are encouraged to apply to this Programme.
Vedica seeks to create 21st century women professionals committed to remaining in the workforce. It equips women to be financially independent, recognise and evaluate trade-offs, navigate the workplace and crack the proverbial ‘glass ceiling’. Dr. Meenakshi Gopinath (Former Principal, Lady Shri Ram College and Governing Council Member, Vedica) believes that Vedica Scholars will “redefine conventional notions of success in the future.”
Endorsed by names that define women’s leadership globally – Madeleine Albright (Former US Secretary of State), Vinita Bali (Former MD, Britannia) and Savita Mahajan (Former Deputy Dean, Indian School of Business) – the Vedica Scholars Programme boasts of an innovative curriculum and reimagines the traditional MBA into four concurrent tracks – Mastering Management Practice, Communicating and Thinking for Impact, Learning from the Liberal Arts and Taking Charge of Personal Growth. Courses taught at the Programme include core management subjects like Strategy, Finance, Accounting, Marketing and Operations, along with the importance of context and multidisciplinary perspectives highlighted by liberal arts courses such as Economics, Politics, Philosophy, Public Policy and Sustainability. There is an equally strong emphasis on problem-solving and communication through courses like Critical Thinking, Project Management, Business Writing and Communication Skills, while building leadership capabilities through courses on Understanding the Self, Group Dynamics and Inner Development. Vedica’s courses are taught by some of the most reputed management academics and business leaders drawn from renowned institutions and corporations across the globe, including Stanford University, Simmons School of Management, IIM Ahmedabad, ISB, JNU, McKinsey, Coca-Cola, Deutsche Bank and Nielsen.
In a pioneering initiative in education and learning, the ‘Shadow a Woman CEO’ Programme, an integral part of the Vedica curriculum, maps every Vedica Scholar to a successful, senior woman professional for a whole month. Vedica Scholars from the Founding Class shadowed women CXOs and role models like Gunjan Soni (Myntra), Samina Vaziralli (Cipla), Lulu Raghavan (Landor Associates), Abanti Sankaranayanan (Diageo India), Roxanne Hakim (World Bank) and Kshama Fernandes (IFMR Capital) in the month of August. This programme is modelled on the Global Women’s Mentoring Partnership offered by the US State Department and Fortune magazine.
Vedica is backed by Pramath Raj Sinha, a successful institution builder in higher education. Dr. Sinha is credited with setting up the Indian School of Business (ISB) as its Founding Dean. ISB is today one of the world’s top business schools. The Programme is led by Founding Dean Anuradha Das Mathur, currently at Yale University as a Yale World Fellow, one of 16 selected globally as a mid-career emerging leader who has distinguished herself in her profession, discipline, or geographic region.
All achievement-oriented women with a graduate degree and a desire to excel professionally are eligible to apply for Vedica Scholars Programme for Women. There is no application fee. All admitted Scholars receive a Vedica Bursary of INR 3.25 lakhs. In addition, partial and full scholarships are available based on need and merit. Placements for Scholars are assured upon successful completion of the programme.
For more information about the Programme, visit us at www.vedicascholars.com.
- TechnipFMC in India Sponsors Jaipur Foot Camps in Partnership with the Rotary Club - 17 January, 2018
- NCCF Co-develops India’s Forest Management Certification Standard in Association with Ministries, Forest Departments, Industry and NGOs - 17 January, 2018
- Snapdeal and National Book Trust Launch Har Hath Ek Kitab at the World Book Fair - 12 January, 2018
- Jeevan Jyot Cancer Relief and Care Trust Organizes ‘Prince Kutchhi Vyapar Mela’ to Create Fund for the Treatment of Children Cancer Patients - 11 January, 2018
- Food Safety and Standards Authority of India, Maharashtra Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and Coca-Cola India Join Hands to Train Street Food Vendors in Pune - 6 January, 2018
- MoU Signed between ofo and Pune Municipal Corporation - 5 January, 2018
- Help a Child Touch the Star With #findurstar Campaign - 30 December, 2017
- ITC Green Centre, Bengaluru Wins Project of the Year Award - 22 December, 2017
- NatureFresh Sampoorna Chakki Atta Promotes Food Security with #NoKhaaliPet Campaign - 19 December, 2017
- Subway Donates Rs 1.5 Million for Under Privileged Children in India - 19 December, 2017