New Delhi, Delhi , India
From December 24th to 31st 2015, WWF will be partnering with Baidu Mobile Apps, developer of the world’s most popular Android utility apps, to raise awareness about carbon emissions through a fun online game and social media campaign. At the end of the campaign, Baidu Mobile Apps will donate $25,000 to support WWF’s work to help save the Amazon and other amazing forests around the world.
Participants will virtually race together through 6 countries, starting in the USA and ending in India, with their cumulative distance being tallied at the end of each day. The India portion of the campaign will begin on December 28th and will go until the 31st. Users will have a time limit to race as far as they can, and they will need to work together to cover as much ground as possible. At the end of the campaign, the total virtual distance run by users will be added up and shared publicly by Baidu Mobile Apps to raise awareness of carbon emissions. In addition, Baidu Mobile Apps has pledged to donate $25,000 to support WWF’s work to help save the Amazon as well as other forests.
“With C-Plan, we want to make emissions reduction more understandable and more fun,”
said Mr. Tang, General Manager of DU Group, a subset of Baidu Mobile Apps.
“People who play the game will see the direct connection between their phone’s battery and the electricity that powers it, and how that electricity turns into carbon waste. They will also gain a better understanding that reducing app usage can actually translate to real-world energy savings. And they’ll be able to work together with friends to protect the planet with more trees!” he said.
To take part in the C-Plan campaign, download DU Battery Saver and DU Speed Booster on the Google Play store or through the developer’s website.
About DU Battery Saver :
DU Battery Saver is the world’s most popular battery saving app for Android, enjoyed by hundreds of millions of people worldwide. It automatically solves device battery problems and helps smartphone users save more electricity with its smart pre-set modes, one-touch controls and customizable desktop widget. For more information, visit the product website at: DU Apps
About Baidu :
Baidu, Inc. is the leading Chinese language Internet search provider. As a technology-based media company, Baidu aims to provide the best and most equitable way for people to find what they’re looking for. In addition to serving individual Internet search users, Baidu provides an effective platform for businesses to reach potential customers. Baidu’s ADSs trade on the NASDAQ Global Select Market under the symbol “BIDU”. Currently, ten ADSs represent one Class A ordinary share.
- ofo, the World’s Largest Bicycle Sharing Platform, Contributes to Urban Mobility in Pune’s Magarpatta City - 9 March, 2018
- Dr. Madhu Chitkara Honoured with NIVEDITA Award for Service towards Women Empowerment on Account of International Women’s Day - 9 March, 2018
- Merck Launches their Merck Foundation and Mark International Women’s Day with First Lady of Niger - 9 March, 2018
- Plan India, Delegation of the European Union and Embassy of Finland Celebrate International Women’s Day 2018 in India under the Theme Economic Empowerment of Women - 7 March, 2018
- Merck Foundation Join Hands with the First Lady of The Gambia to Empower Infertile Women across Africa - 24 February, 2018
- Merck Foundation and Uganda Ministry of Health Continue their Support for the Heroines of ‘Merck More Than a Mother’ - 19 February, 2018
- Reverse Logistics Group Launches Clean to Green Campaign to Promote Responsible e-waste Recycling in India - 13 February, 2018
- UAE Exchange India Won Innov and Eminent Award 2017 for CSR - 23 January, 2018
- TechnipFMC in India Sponsors Jaipur Foot Camps in Partnership with the Rotary Club - 17 January, 2018
- NCCF Co-develops India’s Forest Management Certification Standard in Association with Ministries, Forest Departments, Industry and NGOs - 17 January, 2018