Mumbai, Maharashtra , India
Zuvius Lifesciences in association with YouWeCan Foundation and Heyyo Media is hosting an all India Cancer Awareness Campaign while engaging with students from various colleges across the country. Kick started in Shoolini University, Himachal Pradesh, these seminar included interactive sessions with leading oncologists from the country along with numerous competitions to effectively engage the students. The objective of the program is to create awareness about this dangerous disease which is exponentially expanding in India. The program focused on adopting a healthy life style for its prevention, early detection and measures to be followed, if encountered with the same. The seminar attempts to clear out the myths and misconceptions of cancer, also remove the stigma attached cancer while encouraging students to lead a healthy lifestyle.
Speaking about his battle with cancer, International Cricketer Yuvraj Singh said :
“It is imperative that people are made aware of this deadly disease and its forms at a young age so that they do not waste precious time in getting a treatment. Half the battle against cancer is won if we live a healthy lifestyle. Through these seminars we are hoping to increase awareness and dispel many myths about cancer.”
Mr. Nimish Thakker, Managing Director, Zuvius Lifesciences added,
“At Zuvius Lifesciences, it is our endeavour to educate and minimize the trauma from cancer. Associating with YouWecan Foundation and Heyyo Media has given us the right platform to advocate healthy living.”
The campaign has already covered 12 colleges in Delhi, Shoolini, Jodhpur, Kochi, Bengaluru and Coimbatore and will be travelling to Mumbai, Pune, Ahmedabad, Nashik and few more cities in the coming months.
“We have seen amazing participation from all the campuses we have been to so far. We are planning to take this campaign to more colleges in 2016”
said Jayakrishnan, founder of Heyyo Media.
YouWeCan: Yuvraj Singh Foundation (YSF) through its initiative YOUWECAN is here to endeavour that cancer is detected at an early stage, for one and all, and no one has to fight cancer alone.
YSF, through its initiative YouWeCan, will create consciousness on cancer prevention, early detection & fight against Stigma. YSF is a non-profit organization registered under the Bombay Trust Act 1950.
Zuvius Lifesciences: Zuvius Lifesciences head quartered in Mumbai, India is an integrated; research based Pharmaceutical Company, focused on super speciality products. The company specializes in chemotherapeutic formulations offering a diverse array of innovative solutions and therapies each of which plays an important role in providing solace and comfort to people. Trusted by healthcare professionals and patients across the globe, the company is backed by the finest talents of the Pharmaceutical industry.
Heyyo Media: It is an interactive agency, primarily focused on conceptualizing and executing CSR Campaigns in India.
- Ambuja Cement’s Skill Development Initiative Collaborates With DDU-GKY - 23 July, 2018
- United Way Mumbai and Coca-Cola India Join Hands to Organize Beach Clean-up Drives Under ‘Clean Shores Mumbai’ Initiative - 27 June, 2018
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation hosts panel discussion on ‘Making Markets work for the Poor’ - 21 June, 2018
- Dosti Realty Spreads Awareness Through Their Tree Plantation Drive at Dosti West County - 7 June, 2018
- Siddha Group Launches World Environment Day Initiative in Association With Kolkata Municipal Corporation - 7 June, 2018
- Tata Starbucks Reinforces Its Commitment to Sustainability - 5 June, 2018
- GEF Capital Partners to Be the Catalyst for ESDS’ Growth Ambitions - 5 June, 2018
- USISPF Launches CEO Water Alliance - 5 June, 2018
- Social Entrepreneurs Amar and Payal Tulsiyan, Co-Founders of Menstrual Hygiene Awareness Initiative the Niine Movement, Receive Partners in Health Award at FOGSI International Women’s Health Summit - 4 June, 2018
- Sanjib Datta Takes Over as Managing Director of Mahanagar Gas Limited - 4 June, 2018